INSTITUTIONAL RENAISSANCE: A NEW PAGE IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- With a new concept of Mayor, with collective leadership and upgrading of the function of the Municipal Institutions (Municipal Council, Executive Committee, Consultation Committee), in order to effectively reflect the interests of the neighborhoods, villages, economic, social and cultural institutions of the Municipality.
- By reducing the remunerations of the elected municipal councilors and merging legal entities and service units of the Municipality, ensuring fully the existing job posts.
- By establishing a permanent, programmatic cooperation with other Municipalities of Messenia and the Region of Peloponnese for the decisive promotion of the affairs of our City.
- By establishing an active participation and decisive vote of community representatives in the decision-making process of the City Council.
- By strengthening the international presence of the Municipality and establishing a Delegation Office in Brussels, for a better access to the sources of European funding.
PRODUCTIVE RECONSTRUCTION AND INNOVATION: A NEW MODEL OF LOCAL ECONOMY FOR THE RETURN AND INVOLVEMENT OF OUR YOUNGER AND EDUCATED COMPATRIOTS
- With the establishment of the International Center for Innovation and Development on the West Coast of the Municipality as well as the attraction of investment and human resources for applied research in strategic areas for Kalamata (rural development, culture).
– With the establishment of an annual International Rural Exhibition for the promotion of agricultural production as an element of prosperity for the citizens.
- By the implementation of the master plan of the Port for its operation as a cruise ships’ home port and the upgrading of the International Airport in order to attract new touristic markets.
- By taking advantage of cultural diplomacy and city diplomacy (cooperation with Chinese Xian) to promote investment in productive sectors and create permanent and qualitative jobs for our people.
- By extending the scholarships program to more young scientists and researchers through the leveraging of funds from bequests, donations and other public sources.
A CITY OF SOCIAL SOLIDARITY: A COHERENT INTERVENTION FOR ALL OUR COMPATRIOTS
- With better coordination and upgrading of the existing social protection structures of the Municipality (goods store, Medical Center, pharmacy, community centers) under a Deputy Mayor for Social Solidarity.
- With the operation of the institution of family doctor in all the villages of the Municipality, for free primary care (coordination of actions).
- By improving the accessibility of disabled persons to all the main pavements of the municipality and the creation of a KEP office for disabled people in the Municipality.
- By upgrading the operation of the local Center for Vocational Training for the most effective education and integration of the citizens in the labor market.
- With the establishment of a Municipal Social Solidarity Council, with the participation of the representative social bodies of the Municipality.
A CITY OF EDUCATION, CULTURE AND SPORTS: A NEW, STRATEGIC PRIORITY FOR THE MUNICIPALITY
- With the regeneration of all school curbs (green, flooring, afternoon operation).
- With the immediate upgrading of the main sports facilities (Stadium, Swimming Pool, Closed Gyms, Sailing Facility).
- By promoting the creation of an International Sports and Training Center on the West Coast, combined with the touristic development of this area.
- With the direct operation of Kalamata Dance Hall as a Conference Center and as an area of multiple cultural activities (exhibitions, performances).
- With the interconnection and the promotion of the museums and archaeological sites of the Municipality, especially of Ancient Thouria.
A CITY OF QUALITATIVE AND BENEFICIAL TOURISM: A COHERENT TOURISM POLICY
- By promoting the development of an integrated tourism development area on the western beach, so that Kalamata will become a landmark in the world tourist map./p>
- By accelerating the profitable exploitation of the property of the Municipality for tourist purposes and securing the revenue of the Municipality for the support of our weaker citizens and schools.
- With the direct operation of an interactive, touristic portal of the Municipality in many languages.
- By promoting funding for the establishment and upgrading of hotels on the East Coast , Verga and Mantineia./p>
- With the interoperability between Kalamata Marina and the port in order to attract cruise tourism and exploit all beneficial forms of tourism (religious, medical, agricultural tourism).
A CITY OF BALANCED DEVELOPMENT: A NEW POLICY TO SUPPORT THE NEIGHBORHOODS AND THE VILLAGES OF THE MUNICIPALITY
- With the establishment of the Pamissos Environmental Park, for the exploitation and promotion of the river's route (from Agios Floros to Aris) through agricultural tourism and mild recreation activities.
- With the establishment of District Councils for dealing with everyday problems in the neighborhoods of the city.
- With immediate, significant increase of municipal budget expenditures for projects and investments in villages and neighborhoods instead of the center of the Municipality.
- By developing a comprehensive strategy for the regeneration and promotion of the villages of Taygetos (sports center, winter tourism, hiking trails).
- With the appointment of deputy mayor responsible for communities and balanced development.
A CITY OF E-GOVERNMENT: A MUNICIPALITY IN THE SERVICE OF ITS CITIZENS
– By extending the free wireless network (wi-fi) across the municipal territory.
- By upgrading the electronic services, so that all the basic transactions with the Municipality can be served electronically through its website.
– By creating an information application for the routes of local transport of all kinds (buses, ferries, airplanes, railways) and the extension of telematics at the bus stops.
– Using state-of-the-art technology for the targeted surveillance of vulnerable areas in crime and critical incidents on road safety and the creation of a readiness mechanism for timely response to natural disasters.
- With the establishment of K.E.P (Citizens’ Service Point) in Taygetos (Artemisia).
KALAMATA OF SUSTAINABILITY: A NEW MUNICIPAL POLICY FOR ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY
- By co-financing the creation of a photovoltaic park on the territory of the Municipality in order to ensure full autonomy from renewable energy sources and the establishment of the Municipality as an energy producer for the benefit of our citizens.
- With the promotion of olive and olive oil as a pillar of the Municipality's development strategy in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce and the U.A.C of Messinia (obligatory use by local enterprises and operators, coordinated export and marketing).
- With the extensive introduction of residential and district composting (at least 1000 new composting facilities) to reduce the volume of waste to be managed.
- By creating a suburban-environmental park in Nedon.
- With the immediate completion of the necessary flood protection works throughout the Municipality.
THE DAILY LIFE OF KALAMATA: TARGETED INTERVENTIONS IN SECURITY, TRANSPORT, PARKING, TRAFFIC AND CIVIL PROTECTION SECTORS
- By implementing an integrated policy for the prevention of delinquency and the operation of a Municipal Security Council that will develop and implement specific actions jointly with the Police, the Prosecutor's Office, the community representatives and the district councils.
- By Upgrading the interoperability of public transport (urban and suburban) and promoting the immediate re-opening of the suburban railway to Messini, to the airport and to Asprochoma-T.E.I-Thouria-Aris-Plati.
- By implementing an integrated strategy for road safety and limitation of road accidents.
- By expanding and upgrading the operation of controlled parking in the center and the coastal zone, while creating stable parking seats for permanent residents.
- By upgrading the operation of the Coordinating Body for Civil Protection and an integrated policy for the prevention of natural disasters in cooperation with communities and the scientists.
A CITY OF DEMOGRAPHIC RENEWAL: A POLICY FOR SUPPORT ING FAMILIES
- By creating a special municipal account targeted to support families with low income, with revenues from the most profitable use of municipal property.
- By creating new kindergartens so that all children are covered by the available seats.
- By building a playground in all big villages and neighborhoods of the Municipality.
- By extending the "Nikolaos Politis" awards to more distinguished students of all the municipal schools and the free distribution of educational tablets.
- Through the implementation of an integrated scholarships program for free attendance of distinguished students in the cultural schools of FARIS (Conservatory, Dance, Art).